Friday, September 22, 2006

If I were to read the tea leaves for the coming lunar year, it might go something like this: Thou shalt narrowly avoid unnecessary loss of facial functions. Now I'm sure that tea leaves aren't all that specific nor are they ridiculously worded but that's not the point. The point is today, this morning, just a few minutes ago, I narrowly avoided loss of facial function. I went to the dentist today to have a cavity filled. I had one filled a month ago and the novacane made the left half of my face disappear for the better part of 4 hours. Taking that memory into today's appointment I decided to hold off on the medicine, at least until I couldn't hold off any longer. And so as they perched above me in their white facemasks and my body tensed up they couldn't get their brand new machine to work and we had to reschedule the appointment. And the fact that I don't have a limp wristed lip at the moment is cause for great satisfaction, and a reason for optimism for the next year.

Additionally, speaking of lips, I could very well have a fat one the night of the 27th of October. Reason being, the Kataja basketball team will be playing in my new backyard and I believe I am going to go and give the team a welcome shout or two. And this time on the hostile court of the Helsinki team. I do believe I will use some common sense and basically yell good things for the J-town team rather than my usual insults to the team that they are playing, but you never know and so there is a fat lip watch in effect until the 27th. Doppler radar updates will be regular.

What else? Oh, my fellow classmates and I are about to stage a mutiny in one of our classes, Strategic Management, which should be the culminating class that puts together all we have learned and sends us back into the real world with an updating tool box. But a funny thing happened on the way to higher learning, something got in the way, notably the teacher and his enormous ego and lack of teaching skills. We sat through 15 hours of nothing and have another 30 to go. The classes will resume in one month and from now until then, we are trying to reorganize the class so that we don't have to sit through hell again. Should be interesting, or not, you never know.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?