Monday, January 08, 2007

I cannot begin to tell you what a bitch this jetlag has been. Easily the worst I have ever experienced. And I think I speak for both myself and Karoliina on this one. Not only were we both extraordinarily tired throughout the day, but the hunger. The hunger! Neither one of us could believe our appetite. What the hell is that? My only theory is that we ate so damn much in Texas that we stretched our stomachs to the point that they now demand satisfaction, (i.e. middle of the night cereal binge). Oh, and the sweating was ridiculous.

I'm telling you, I've never had a jetlag quite like it. And I don't think that this bloody insane winter is helping in the slightest. I read the other day that this type of winter is the kind that hits Finland about twice every thousand years. It hasn't changed since before we left. Always dark and wet. Never quite cold enough to snow, and thereby shedding some light relief on this fricking film noir setting. I can't believe it hasn't changed since before we left, that's like 2 full months of this and counting. Thank God we were able to take a Texas break for a while. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who've been here throughout. I guess a stretched out and sweaty stomach is an okay price to pay for a little sun-induced sanity. Severe thunderstorm, and threatening wall cloud not withstanding.

So if you haven't guessed, it's been pretty sucky this past week. Okay, I just deleted something after I wrote it and you are merely reading that I wrote something, then thought better of it and deleted it. And now that I've brought it up, it's possible you are wondering what the hell I wrote, and then erased. Or, just as easily and likely, you couldn't be the least bit interested in what I wrote, and then didn't write. However, for the sake of this whole paragraph on the subject I am going to try and reveal what was so formerly written and the un.

In a word, jinx. I seek to head one off and consequently decided not to reveal in writing my thoughts about the year 2007, which, I am not afraid to speak about, but as soon as I began to write about it, I began to suspect a jinx, or at least that, once it would be in writing it would then be more susceptible to jinx. Just to put a little background here, I have been saying the same thing about 2007 since 1998, and now it is here and so I am not going to ruin 9 years of hype - at least in my own head - already on the 8th day of the year. So, I think I steered clear of threat with this rather ambiguous, but somewhat revealing statement. Or at least I hope I did. If not, I am totally erasing this post.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?