Monday, November 10, 2003

I had a great meeting this morning with Juha, I forget his last name. Yeah I have his card in my wallet which is right here but I'm lazy. He's one of the adult education directors at the community college. He and I agreed that I will teach a course on indie-films and indie-filmmaking. It will be two lectures on the general subject that people from all around can attend for free, followed by 6 more specific and more costly classes covering the subjects in depth.

I am pretty excited about this opportunity. It will give me something to busy myself with, which is very important with the winter onslaught approaching. You know it's bad when the gloves that were way too warm in Brooklyn are now not enough and it's still the middle of fall. This is going to be a rough one for sure.

I was also excited about the fact that on the signup sheet for the computers here at the library
were two names that are either British or American. I thought that I would meet these guys and get to know them. The problem is that they are pimply-faced little boys and it might seem a tad strange if I were to approach them and try to befriend them.

Speaking of friends, K and I will be throwing a party in a couple of weeks and you're all invited. We live at Tuppikuja 2B 12 it's right next to the Siwa on the main street. You can't miss it. Call if you get lost and I will come out to meet you. Well we're inviting all the teachers in K's program and some of the people from the film studio. This could make for a good film in and of itself because apparently these people don't get along so well. We decided to say screw it and allow for the uncomfortable feeling to seep in rather than exclude anyone from the invite. Better that they dislike each other than dislike us. I think our place can hold a good amount of people and I am hoping for a large turnout. K was saying that this is not the norm and parties such as this at people's homes are a rare event. Which could mean that everyone will come or no one. We shall see.

Hope everyone is well and I look forward to hearing what is up with you.

hb





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?