Wednesday, November 05, 2003

It's the 7th day in a row of grey weather and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Not one ounce of sunshine in 7 days, but pounds and pounds of mist. It makes riding home at night, through the forest not only a battle against the elements, but also a battle against imagination. The light posts illuminate only a few feet in diameter around, but because of all the mist the light never reaches the ground. So it's a few specks of foggy light enveloped by extreme darkness and because it's so calm and quiet out, imagination works against itself. It's almost as if I become transported to Crystal Lake and Jason or, more likely, a moose is going to jump out and attack.

Like tonight for example. I'm going to a basketball game and then to an International Party at the CNB Bar. Get it, See & Be. Well I'm excited to see what this will be like. But the problem is the ride home, which will most likely be after 11pm. Not that that makes a difference as it gets 11pm dark at 4pm so I suppose the ride to will be just as bad as the ride back.

One thing I like to do while riding is listen to music and sing out loud, regardless of how I sound or if I know the words or whatever. It's fun to have the old fogies look to see who the hell is making all that noise. And besides, there aren't too many people here for me to talk to, so I wind up talking to myself, sometimes in public places.

Gotta run to the store to get stuff for breakfast tomorrow. I'm really thankful that we have a store right across the street. If I had to get dressed and get on my bike and pedal just to go get some coffee I would be pissed. So this is better than that. I see people biking 10-15 minutes just to get to our little store and I take a little pleasure in seeing that other people have to do just what I said I would hate having to do.

Oh well, I'm outta here.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?