Monday, November 03, 2003

OK, after almost 4 weeks here I can say this as fact: Finnish television sucks. We have about 12 channels, two of which show inter-active video games that apparently a lot of people play. Another two are the same euro-MTV channel and the rest are either in Finnish, German or Swedish. Occassionally an American show comes on like Six Feet Under or the Sopranos, the problem is that they come on at the same time on competing channels. I know this goes against the description I just gave, but exaggeration makes for a good story. Did you want me to give an exact description? OK, so there. Tuesday's are good, with Friends, Will & Grace and the afore mentioned programs, but that is it. Fortunately, it's not dubbed, so I can watch and listen to this crap instead of simply puking.

The best Finnish show on TV is their version of American Idols. It's the exact same format and it's fun to watch these kids from the middle of nowhere, like where I live, perform songs that they should never be singing. Karoliina translates what the judges say and we have fun making fun of these kids. Some of whom are quite talented, others are quite something else all together.

Right now one of the Governor of California's finest is on, "The Sixth Day", apparently the voting population of California didn't watch this one.

This weekend has been wonderful, having the computer and internet at home. Tomorrow K goes to work and will take this computer. So I will be at the library. I'm exciting for tomorrow because we are going to go shopping for two items of clothing I need, a speedo and a pull over winter outfit. There's an old one at the second hand store that I've had my eye on. The winter suit, not the speedo. I couldn't imagine wearing another man's speedo. Interesting thing about speedos, they come in two styles. One is the style that everyone knows, and the other is like a tight boxer short, which is more to my liking, but the problem is that this style has no support for the boys. So it's either support and slinky or loose and stylish. I'm not too sure which one I prefer, but that's why there are fitting rooms. Which means I probably will be wearing a speedo that someone else has worn. Lucky me.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?