Friday, December 19, 2003

-4 (*9/5+32=25) degrees has never felt so warm. I broke a sweat on the way to work this morning. It was the first time in a few days when I was able to ride my bike to work. We have a simple rule, if it's colder than minus 10 (*9/5+32=14 degrees) we take the bus and let me tell you, it has been a lot colder than minus 10 these past few days and a ton of snow has been dumped on us. The snow is so fine and powdery, ski resorts would be extremely envious.

On Wednesday, when the snow was really coming down, I was taking the bus to the basketball game (still haven't lost while I been in attendance) and I missed the bus by like 10 seconds, because I was unable to run in the blizzard and since no one was at the stop, the bus kept going. The next bus wouldn't come for another 20 minutes, and so I waited and came to realize that the experts are right, no two snowflakes are alike.

Today is Friday and the last day of work and Joensuu for a while. This is just fine with me because the weather is about to make a change for the worse, or rather, for the winter. When we get back, it is going to be very messy, very very messy, very very very messy.

I don't know how often I will be able to keep updating the journal while we on break. I will try to do so, but I make no promises.

But before I go I would like to add that we received our first gift yesterday and it sure was tasty. Mom sent a package that contained some American delicacies, namely Doritos and peanut butter and let me say, damn. I love me some Doritos. I think I need to make a sandwich, on an onion roll (don't have em) with mayo (whose son are you?), mustard, turkey, muster cheese, lettuce and tomato and then stuff as many doritos into that puppy as possible.

I hope you all have a happy Hanukkah, a merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. I miss you all.

Love,
hb





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?