Monday, January 12, 2004

February 2, 2004, 12:30 - 4:00am, guess what I'll be watching...The Super Bowl! And I'll be watching it from the future, so bookies beware. I saw an ad last night on one of our channels that showed some football teams and I yelled at Karoliina to get in here and tell me what the hell they were saying. They were saying that the Super Bowl will be broadcast on this channel. Sure they may be speaking Finnish, but the announcers suck anyway and this gives me an excuse to ignore them from the beginning. I just hope it's a close game. I would be a little upset if it is a traditional blowout, but beggars can't be choosers.

My string of luck ran out for the local basketball team last night. Kataja lost to Honka 76-71. They would have won had they sank their free-throws the way they normally do, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. The crowd was a little more wild last night, which is a good sign, but too little too late for the home team.

Speaking of basketball, starting in February the group I play with will be moving to the newly built, €12million sporting arena that can hold several thousand spectators. I have no idea how this is possible, but apparently they need to start recouping their investment and by charging us €20 each for a three month membership (Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30-8:00pm) they are filling in the downtime for the arena. I am really excited to play there considering we play at the school's court right now. I'll have to take some pictures.

I may have mentioned how -4 degrees C (25 degrees F) feels warm. Well as of today -9 degrees C (16 degrees F) is warm. After many days below zero F, this warmer weather is a treat especially since the sun is out and is staying out until 3:30 each day. I can't wait until we get to 4pm, but I won't hold my breath.

Speaking of breath, I think it's funny how I can stand outside and take one deep breath and immediately have ice in my nose. This all despite the fact that -9C feels warm (this is a sick deception, -9 should never feel warm).






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?