Monday, January 26, 2004

Today's Finnish lesson saw the addition of two Swiss guys, Tobias and Manuel. I think everyone is a little surprised that there aren't any Russians (Venälainen) in the class, considering they usually make up the vast majority of the adult education student population. Not that anyone is complaining either. It's a fun group, the only problem is that the teacher speaks so quickly that it's hard to pick up even one word. Sometimes I think that it is me, but then I look around and everyone has the same, Huh, expression on their faces and it makes me feel a little better. Even Richard, the older American, who studies Finnish on his own for 2 hours a day hasn't been able to keep up with her, the teacher - Arja (Arreeaaa)

Other than class things have been pretty routine. Today we discussed the outlay of the soon to be EFFC.fi website. We have a "We're alive" page already designed and it should be up by the end of the week, so check it out on Friday. The language is all mine, for those of you who have been wondering what the hell I do out here, Jen ;-) that is one of my first accomplishments.

Big sigh of relief today regarding the Independent Filmmaking class I will be teaching in a couple of weeks. I was able to think of a game plan and began writing an outline of how the class will go, including specific stories and details. So far I think I have about 20 minutes and only need 70 more, with about 11 days left before the first class. There is one possible problem, I'm planning on using humor, but if the jokes and humorous stories don't work, I could be up you know who's creek. Stay tuned.

Also, Trish, I will be online everyday at 8-10pm Joensuu time / 12-2pm Dallas time. Hopefully this will coincide with the boy's naptime. Oh, but not Thursday's, I am out at that time on Thursday. For anyone else hooked up to AOL Instant Messenger, my buddy name is hbcold

Really looking forward to this Sunday...Superbowl party at my house and everyone's invited. Kick off is when? 1 am and game ends 5 am, man I am going to be exhausted next Monday, but with a smile on my face. I hope the game is good, because I don't think that the commercial campaigns will be the same here in Suomi than in Yhdysvallat of America. And I don't think I will stop watching even if it's a blowout, considering I haven't seen an American football game in over 3 months. But as for the other football, I think Chelsea is my favorite squad, with Arsenal coming in a close second. Sure I don't know who any of the players are and I can't understand what the hell the announcers are saying, but I've laid down my loyalties and will stick with it.

I can't wait to get to a shoe store that has more than one pair of basketball shoes. Mine stink. They've completely screwed up the bottom's of my feet and now they've begun to crack on the outside and they are about 3 months old. I think I will purchase 2 pairs the next time I am anywhere near a sale and a selection.

Before I run I thought I would share a little of our TV program with you. It's a British travel programme that follows young people around as they vacation in Ibiza and other HOT island destinations, looking to get drunk and have sex, a veritable Brits gone Wild TV series. Quality.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?