Friday, March 26, 2004

Good News - the fans at the Kataja game were pretty rowdy. Sure they didn't know when to be rowdy and were a one-trick pony type rowdy, but rowdy is as rowdy does.

Bad News - the fans were so rowdy that at the end of the game (Kataja lost, evening the series at 2 each with the deciding game 5 tonight on the other teams court) some of the fans went after the referees after a few bad calls at the end pretty much decided the outcome. The poor ref's were waiting for the locker room to be opened when a couple of guys in the crowd went after them. Fortunately, nothing bad happened and the ref's made it in the locker room ok.

Weird News - as the game grew more intense and as I was shouting louder and louder a couple of children decided to stand right next to me and smile at me, without looking anywhere else. It was a little creepy at first and then the kids started to speak to me in the little English they knew. It was cute and we talked for a little bit, but then these kids started dancing and screaming and throwing things all over the place. I was looking around for a parent and there was none to be found. After that I stopped talking to the kids and started to watch the game, but these kids didn't leave. They kept dancing and hollering and I kept waiting for someone to do something, but it never happened. Was it my place to tell these kids to cut it out? That could've been a messy situation, but they were really annoying and blocking my view of the game.

More Good News - Passover package arrived in the mail yesterday with Matzah, Matzah meal and jelly rings.

Bad News - we have to wait a while before we can dig in

Truth - we've already dug in, I'm going to place an order from the Kosher deli in Helsinki and get some more sent our way.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?