Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I don't know what I was thinking when I said that yesterday's snow dusting was a good thing. The recent snow has turned to slush and made the roads virtual swimming pools. There is so much water out there right now that it is near impossible to get anywhere and stay dry. I would much rather have hills of black and grey snow and dry roads and walkways than have a white post-card looking city that is completely water logged.

Another thing that I am beginning to worry about is this daylight thing. It's been so long since we've had regular daylight hours that I'm wondering how easy the transition will be to more light. I'll explain: For the past several months it has been dark when we go to work in the morning and dark when we leave work in the afternoon. Now, with the coming of Spring, the sun is out and shining brightly before 8am and stays out until 6pm. I certainly don't mind this evening sunshine, but since our bedroom window faces East, our room becomes very bright way too early and the Spring has just begun. What happens when the sun begins to rise at 3am? If it's not one thing it's the other, huh?

Also, with the warmer weather around the corner - say 6 weeks away - I will experience my first summer without air conditioning. And I must admit, when it is all said and done, air conditioning is my favorite invention of all time, well maybe a close second behind the wheel. K and I will need to get in line to buy several fans for the oncoming heat wave - try 80 degrees F.

I suppose you might be able to infer from the subject matter of my past few posts - the weather - that not much is going on here and you would be right, not much is going on here.

Bad news, I think I will miss Kataja's playoff basketball game if it is to take place this weekend. K and I will be in Turku for the wedding and since the opposing team is quite formidable, there may only be one home game in which to attend and make a scene. This is too bad as I was mentally preparing for the heckling and had even been brainstorming for new and creative insults to shout at the top of my lungs. Hopefully the team will advance to the second round where my vocal support can be injected into the crowd. Oh well.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?