Thursday, March 18, 2004

So I was waiting and waiting for this Prime Minister guy to show up yesterday, but I had a meeting at noon and I hadn't eaten anything yet. So I ran downstairs to get a sandwich and when I returned, the PM had already shook all the hands and was leaving the building. And to think, I even trimmed my beard for this guy.

Oh yeah, another thing that pissed me off is the fact that the basketball playoffs (Finnish Basketball, that is) begin this weekend and the Kataja homegame is this Saturday, and where will I be? In Turku for Virpi and Jyrki's wedding. Who do these people think they are? Planning their wedding during the playoffs? Where is the decency? I just hope Kataja advances past the first round so that I can catch a game.

And this snow keeps on coming. Every morning we get a little snow and ice and then the temperature warms up and the ice and snow turns to slush and water and it pisses me off. For those of you who can't tell, the sun has not come out in many days and the weather has been awful, hence the bitch session.

I'm trying to think of some more things that have been chappin' my hide lately...Well just because I can't think of something right now doesn't mean that there isn't something else out there that is pissing me off as we speak - or as I write.

On to some more uplifting thoughts: I had my first pitch meeting regarding the basketball documentary that I am thinking about and the local producer bit hard. I think that I have a real chance of raising enough money to get this thing done. I happen to be in the perfect situation. The local producer is my boss, and the fact that we are employees of the film commission and work together with the local studios means that equipment and personnel will be available and cheap. I am now working hard on the story and will hopefully try to begin filming this October - a trip to Hawaii will probably not happen until summer of '05, but I can wait.

Also, the filmmaking class that I am teaching has been very enjoyable. Collectively there are 8 of us and together we are writing a monster movie that will take place here in Joensuu. Sort of Dracula meets Army of Darkness meets Woody Allen. The writing sessions are a lot of fun and everyone is participating. I think we will continue to meet even after the class is over. We will hopefully have a 10 page synopsis at the end of the sessions and we will then shop it around to see if anyone wants to give us money.

Something else that is making me very happy is the fact that 2 months from today K and I will be packing our bags and getting ready for our 3 week trip to Texas and New York.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?