Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I've been slacking lately on this journal thing here. Maybe it's because there's not so much going on, or maybe it's because there's nothing new going on. What should I say? I had to ride my bike home through a sleet storm today? In the middle of April? But you've heard that before. As a matter of fact, I think you can go back to the second entry I ever made on this blog - October 25 to be exact - and you will find something quite similar. So that is nearly 6 months of the same thing, a 6 month snow storm. So I can keep writing this and you can keep telling me how nice the weather is wherever the hell you are, but really, what are we doing here, do you call this progress?

OK, on to more uplifting things. Sure it snowed today, but I got to tell you, at least it wasn't rain. It started out as cold rain, but then the weather dropped a little and the rain became sleet - ranta. I was glad of this because there are few things worse than riding the bike through a sleet storm and one of those things is riding your bike through a rain storm, when the rain is really, really cold.

So it was fun in October and November and December and January, and even February, but April?

OK, seriously, on to more uplifting things. Tickets are being purchased right now for a trip to Rome and Cannes, and if it snows there I think I will punch somebody. This is crazy good news, but I don't like to talk about it much and so I won't. But let me tell you, when I have the tickets in my hand I may open my mouth a little. You know what, better just to wait until I get back. But then I only have like 8 days before Karoliina and I are off to Texas and New York! I can't begin to tell you how excited we are about this, but it's really really excited. I mean really. And it's going to be here before you know it, which is the best part.

Switching subjects, my class is over but we are still going to meet on a regular basis until we have finished the story. By my best guess, we are about an hour or so into the movie and we are looking for another 45 minutes. In other words, we are a good deal into Act II, but now we need to turn up the volume on things, or kick it up a notch, raise the stakes one more time and get to the climax and then set up the sequel - franchise baby, franchise. I want to get the structure down and scripted and then I will get the copyright and then I will tell all about it, but regardless of whether it has any real potential, it has been a fun way to spend some time.

The group is pretty dedicated and that makes the brainstorming sessions an enjoyable experience. It has also been cool to lead a group through the writing of a story, juggling people's ideas and trying to incorporate the ones that work and gently discarding the ones without strength. I just hope that sometime, somewhere in a bar in Cannes, I have a couple of drinks with a person that I don't know and we get to talking and I pitch this idea and it turns out that this person is a big time producer with a soft spot for Finland and vampires. You never know, and that's why I want to get the story finished soon so that I can take a complete idea to as many bars in Cannes as possible.

Wait, I just realized that that little story wound up being all about Cannes, and I just said that I was going to keep a lid on it. Damn. All right, no more talking about Cannes. No more talking period.

Lots of love to lots of you. h still b cold.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?