Friday, April 23, 2004

So one of the things I miss most about living in the States - obvious answers aside - is watching sports. The sports channel here does show one NAB playoff game a week, but it is at least two days old, so I know the result already. But lately, with my favorite teams playing on the West Coast right now and at night, I have been able to wake up in the morning and follow along via Game Cast on ISBN. So this week, I spent my breakfast in front of the computer watching as the maps fell to the Kings in Sacramento. Sure it was 7 am in johns, but it was still 9 pm in California, and sure the maps lost and I was pissed for the rest of the day, but at least I was able to get a little taste of home.

OK, it is official, I am going to Rome and to the Cannes Film Festival. Tickets have been purchased and hotel rooms have been booked. The press kit for Cannes came out yesterday and there are going to be several films that I cannot wait to see. The only crappy thing is that a lot of the really cool events and lectures will take place after we have left. The entire festival lasts 11 days and we will be there for the first four, which is four more than I ever expected I would get at the Cannes Film Festival, but still it would have been cool to get to go to these later events.

In less than one month I will have already eaten at Dos Charros and maybe the Blue Goose. Karoliina and I are exercising like crazy so that we can eat like mad when we get to Texas - to say nothing of what we are going to do in New York. Man, we need to start planning our next trip back.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?