Thursday, June 17, 2004

Official Scorecard - for those of you keeping track - Brodsky's 1, Finnish Summer 0

Karoliina and I have started our offensive against the mounting obstacles of a Finnish summer. Namely, we now have 80% darker window shades and have put up our screen-like material in our bedroom. I got my first full night's sleep last night. Sure this may be in large part to the jetlag wearing off, but peace of mind and a dark room help out in their own special way.

We still need to protect ourselves in our living room, where we will put up an interesting screen door like contraption and I have yet to find those bug-zapping tennis racquets we have grown to love, but fear not, the scorecard will read 2 - nil soon enough.

K and I will set out for Lapland tomorrow for the Midnight Sun Film Festival in Sodankylä and we are both looking forward to it. Although getting there will be a pain in the ass. We will be taking a mini-bus along with 5 other people and the drive will be close to 10 hours. This will be my first Finnish road trip and I have no idea what to expect. The country-side that we will be driving through is supposed to be beautiful, but 10 hours is a long time regardless of what is out the window. Besides, it has been raining in Finland for weeks now and it is not supposed to stop anytime soon. Good thing is that there will be plenty of light for driving.

I'll fill you in with all the details when I get back. I hope to have a couple of pics too. Until then, hb wet.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?