Friday, September 10, 2004

The beginning of fall is here. The Indian Summer was only one week long. It is now officially getting cold. With high's in the 50's and lows near freezing, I am about to break out the long-johns. Yesterday I wore my wool cap on the way home. This is not a minor detail. I think there is some type of competition among the locals to be the last man standing, or shivering in this case, before you submit to the chill and start wearing warmer clothes. Fortunately my ego is in check and now that my hair is no longer able to keep my head warm (nor is it able to prevent my scalp from getting sunburn) I have decided to forgo bravery and heed sanity.

That being said, I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to go to sunny California and then to the desert of Vegas, where summer is still raging. It will be an increase of temperature by 50 degrees, but it will be fleeting. I will be shopping for a fall jacket while baking in the heat in Vegas.

Tonight K and I are going to a crawfish cookout, J-town style and let me tell you...







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?