Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Crawfish cookout was fun, but the crawfish itself was no cajun cookout. Just boiled crawfish, no spices, nothing. However, after the event I had a sneaking suspicion that it was the free booze that brought the crowd and not the fish.

I had to pace myself that night because I had an early morning meeting with the deputy mayor and the Israeli ambassador on a boat the next day and the last thing that I wanted was a hangover for an early morning boat meeting. The meeting went well, the man and his wife were a sweet couple and they were very interested in the film festival that we will have in a couple of weeks.

On Sunday I threw the football with a guy that used to play football professionally in Finland. It was great! The weather was crappy, which is good for playing football and the guy is nice, which also helps. Hopefully we will be able to get a few more guys together before the snow covers the playing field for the next 6-7 months. Speaking of snow, it has already struck the North of Finland and will probably be waiting for me when I get back from sunny California and the desert of Vegas.

Man I am getting excited for this trip tomorrow, but the plane ride is going to be hellish. Amsterdam to LA is a 15 hour trip. That's 5 hours more than the most time I have ever spent on a plane. I could watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy and still have enough time to watch Titanic and Lawrence of Arabia. Man, I am depressed now. I have to stop writing and cry.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?