Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I'm a little tired today, stayed up late last night watching the Texas - Arkansas game courtesy of Mark and Jen and their good friend (and now mine) TiVo. Sure I knew all about the game, sure it was several weeks old, but it was the first Texas game I was able to watch in over a year and it felt good. I can only hope that the delivery service will be functioning a couple more times throughout the year.

I don't know if she would want me writing about this, but I'll do it anyway because it's kind of funny. K has had some difficulty getting her writing students motivated - this is mostly because her writing students are a pathetic bunch of lazy, yet surprisingly non-creative, brats - and has resorted to some unconventional, if not downright desperate measures. She has said that if they continue to keep silent and not speak about their work or that of their classmates, she is going to throw something at them. Well, this morning she brought along our Nerf football for just that purpose. We were in her office before the class working on her throwing style. If they don't talk this time, she is going to soak the football in water and make it really messy.

On to another topic. I sent my absentee ballot off in the mail last week and it came back to me on Monday. Obviously the postman is a closet Republican (although 71% of Finns want Kerry to win in November). So I asked K if she would take it to the post office this time and make it clear that I am not sending my voting ballot to myself. I think she was persuasive enough, but only time will tell if that pesky closet Republican postman will continue his sabotage. The vast right-wing conspiracy has extended its reach all the way to J-town. No place is safe.







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?