Monday, November 01, 2004

Don't pull the string, no matter how tempting it seems. I've learned this lesson recently and now my hands are cold because of it. I'll explain. Last week a string appeared on the thumb of one of my gloves and as I was fixing my mp3 player the string got caught on the velcro of my jacket. When I took my hand away my glove unraveled from the thumb down to the wrist. So I had to buy a new pair of gloves. I went shopping around and realized that the best pair of gloves for the price I wanted to spend was the same pair that just came undone. I thought that I had had these gloves for nearly a year and if the next pair were to last as long then that would be fine with me. So I purchased the new pair last week. Moving on to yesterday. I was leaving CityMarket and heading back to Noljakka - our neighborhood - and I noticed a little black string coming out from my jacket - at least I thought it was my jacket - and so I pulled on it. Now I have two pair of gloves with the exact same problem and it happened to the right glove each time so I can't mix and match. These damn things only had to last one month, before I switched to the heavy mittens and they didn't even last one week.

Sure, if this is the biggest problem I have I should be so lucky, right? Well, yeah, but still. I don't think you understand how important gloves are here in J-town now that winter is upon us. And I will officially declare that winter is upon us. Not because of the cold or the snow, which has not yet hit, but because this weekend daylight decided to save an hour. It is now getting dark at 4:45 and it will continue to get darker, earlier until there is no sunshine left, ever.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?