Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Last night I became one of those people that I usually yell at on the bike path. My light ran out of power midway through my trip to the Areena, where I play basketball on Tuesday's and Thursday's (and the site of the Finnish version of Saturday Night Fever, the musical, which I am dying to go and see). I was more than a little embarrassed and I kept messing with the light when people were near, in order to convey as non-verbally as I could that this was not my fault, that it was a fluke and I am ashamed. I suppose the action is very similar to masking a fart by moving around in your chair in order to recreate a similar sound, or some other form of subterfuge. Finally, after some guy who had a light with power passed me I sped up and used him as my light source, pretending that we were riding together, but I stayed far enough back so that he wouldn't know my plan.







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?