Thursday, December 02, 2004

I have set a precedent, not necessarily a good precedent, but a precedent nonetheless. I received a call from my bank yesterday and was told that I was involved in a police situation. Apparently, an international hacker was arrested earlier this week and it was revealed that he had accumulated several bank account numbers and had corrupted them, and mine was one of them. It was a precedent because my bank had never had this happen to any of their customers before. My account was not used by the hacker, there were no mysterious purchases made, but it was still in his computer. I have no idea how this could have happened, since I rarely use my bank card for anything other than cash. I remember using it in Amsterdam at a Foot Locker for a new pair of basketball shoes, but other than that I cannot recall a single time I used it otherwise.

On another topic, T minus 16 days. K and I leave for Turku this weekend, which is a nice break from J-town, you know civilization and all. Then the following week is the big Christmas Party here at the job, if it is half-way as entertaining as last year's was, it should be a good time. Hard to believe that this will be my second party here, but that's what it will be.







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?