Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I gotta tell you, packing for this trip is a trip in and of itself. It's like a weird combination of business and camping. I've got my good clothes - wool pants, black sweater and a blazer - but then I also have toilet paper, towels, anti-bacteria pills and 3,030 rubles. I got a bag full of sandwiches, some Skittles and choclotate for the bus ride there and a couple of presents for the Minister of Culture.

I have to buy some earplugs tomorrow morning because, after all, we going there because of a rock concert, where such bands as Scorngrain will be shouting and screaming and doing so to some very loud heavy metal (I have Bob Marley on the stereo right now).

I've been told that, since we are a bus filled with bands and musicians that the border crossing will be extra thorough and the fact that I am an American means that it will not only be a thorough search, but a long one too.

I also received a few more slices of wisdom - if you see a toilet, use it - if you can eat, eat.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?