Thursday, March 17, 2005

Spring time is always a little bit confusing. I can remember walking to school in the Springtime and the weather was such that, in the morning I would have to wear a jacket because it was cold, but after school, the temperature had shot up 25 degrees and it was pretty darn hot. Well, the same principle is at play here in the Arctic, except the beginning and ending temperatures are a little different.

For example, I am still wearing my long underwear and ski-pants whenever I am on the bike (except when exercising) and I am still wearing my heavy mittens, heavy coat, scarf, ear-muffs and cap because it is still very cold. The pictures I posted can attest to that. But in the morning I have to wrap the scarf around my neck in such a way that it also protects my chin and cheeks, because in the morning the temperature is around zero degrees F. However, on the way home from work, the temperature has soared to a comfortable 22 degrees and this is when the scarf is completely removed and the cap and gloves come off occassionally to prevent overheating.

I was looking at last year's entries to figure out what was happening and it turns out that the snow and cold were leaving us. The snow was turning grey and brown and everything was really, really wet. I think that we are easily 2 or 3 weeks away from that happening. I admit it's kind of nice to have both really white scenery and a lot of sunshine, but when the sun goes down, then it turns a little nasty.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?