Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Aha! I finally got back on track with what I was saying yesterday about the great melt of 2005 and that is this - it is darn near impossible to go for a walk anywhere near the lake without snowshoes. Karoliina and I did our regular walk the other day: through the neighborhood and out by the trails of the lake and then back. But when we got to the trails of the lake things got a little complicated. The snow is soft and wet that with each step we took along the trail, our feet would sink into the snow, sometimes past our knees and this was on every step. We finally realized that this was simply nuts, this was at the same time that we realized we were smack dab in the middle of the trail (Smack dab in the middle of the gum, it's the secret to Chewel's long lasting fun - I cannot believe I just remembered that song from that commerical. I don't even think that they make that gum anymore.)

So, that means it's snowshoe time. K and I have a date on the lake for tomorrow morning - as this is the best time to go and I am looking forward to it. I will post again tomorrow so that you will not think that I fell through 20 inches of ironlike ice.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?