Monday, April 25, 2005

I like kids as much as the next person, except early in the morning. It has come to my attention that our downstairs neighbor - could be worse, could be upstairs - runs a day care out of her house. Sure, it's a noble thing to do and I'm sure she's a nice enough lady, but at 7:30 in the morning, it is a freaking zoo down below. I know, I'm already up at 7:30 in the morning, the sun cutting through the small opening in our window makes sure of that, but still those little devils can be very, very loud for being very, very small. And it's fun to see them playing in the puddles of melted snow with an assortment of shovels and boats and stuff, but I didn't sign off on this new business venture downstairs. I'm not really mad about this or anything, just sort of noticed the craziness that was taking place right below me this morning.

In other news, my second batch of matzah balls ever made turned out much better than the first batch of matzah balls - balls, being a huge exaggeration on the look and feel of the first batch. Sure they were a tad hard in the middle - I was afraid of over cooking - but they kept their shape and tasted pretty darn good. The chicken soup was good as well, but would have been a lot better if it wasn't made from broth. I had a real desire to change the soup up and make it more like a Thai soup - sweet and sour kind of thing - but that will be an experiment for a later day.

Tonight I am going to try my hand at some charoseth and maybe a kugel later this week. We'll see how it goes.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?