Monday, June 20, 2005

The first phase of figuring out what to do regarding school and work has been completed. I met with the director of development here, who is the boss of the project and he told me that the official policy of the polytechnic - the parent institute of the East Finland Film Commission - is to support the further educational studies of its employees. I am taking this to mean that I will be allowed to commute back and forth from Helsinki during my first semester at school, while still under contract. I don't know what this will mean for my vacation time and potential October trip to Texas, but that is something I can work out later. We still might be able to make the trip, but it certainly won't be as long as we would have liked it to be. I'll know more about all that later on.

The next step is a little trickier.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?