Monday, July 11, 2005

I think I should retitle the name of this blog from hbcold to hb hot and sweaty. The weather lately has been wonderful - if you live in Texas or New York, or anywhere that has AC. In Finland, it has simply been hot. I know, I know the high's are only in the mid-80's, but with no AC around, anywhere, it has made me rethink the term long, hot summer. I can't believe I am about to write this - considering we only have a few months of decent weather here in, what can usually be called Siberia's doorstep - but I am ready for a little cold front. Maybe just for a weekend.

Our house is hot. Our bedroom is even hotter. We now have 2 fans operating while we sleep, which has reminded me of the time when our AC went out in Dallas and I had 2 fans plus a ceiling fan going at all times, plus a spray bottle of water in case it got too hot to handle. All this makes for a great day at the lake, which seems to cure all heat related problems for a while, but the problem is that we still have many more hours of sunlight, even after a cool dip at 9pm.

Last summer we hardly ever used the fans, since it was almost always raining and cool. This summer, we have received precisely what we asked for - hot and dry and lots of sun - and I think I am becoming a little ingrate. However, there is just no way of getting cool, except for the lake.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?