Friday, July 22, 2005

You know, I'm an idiot. All this time I've been complaining about the heat and the sunshine. All this time I've been saying how I wouldn't really mind a little cooler weather, maybe even a little rain. Then we get it and I'm back to wishing for the sun and the heat. Although I will admit to not missing the heat as much as the sun. For the first time in weeks, it is comfortable, bordering on cool in the house. And with the cloudy night because of the rain, there is a good chance that tonight could be a dark and cool sleep. Okay, so maybe I just miss the sun and the heat in the day, especially when I'm getting rained on throughout.

Other thoughts, we're having guests tomorrow and the next night. Virpi and Jyrki are on a tour of Finland and will be heading East in to the lake country, into Brodsky country. They just returned from a week long tour of Italy. I can tell you right now which one I would rather do. Big difference.

This Wednesday I will be participating in a rowing event for the film industry. I will be on a boat with Markku - my friend the director - and some of his actors and we will be racing other people in the film industry. And then will sit naked in an enormous sauna and drink lots of warm beer. It should be a real good time.

Also, before I leave for Scotland, Karoliina and I will be attending a party for NYC lovers in Helsinki. People who have lived there, or been there, or just like the place will be getting together. The event is a little pricey, but hey, it's New York. The next day I will leave for Glasgow and will be there for 5 days. Then I'll return and Karoliina and Anneli and I will leave for a small Swedish - Finnish town in West Finland called, Skaftun (I know I'm misspelling that), which no one has ever heard of. Our friends Sanna and Henrik are getting married. Man, it will be nice to be able to live near friends again. 2 years in the wilderness is well, two freaking years in the wilderness. After the wedding I will remain in Helsinki for the first week of class. Summer's ending in no time. But that's not too bad, because it means that before too long, we will be out of this enormous forest.

Also, as I write, Karoliina and I are celebrating our 5th wedding ceremony anniversary and our 6th wedding anniversary.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?