Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I've posted a couple of pictures from this the last holiday of the summer. Getting back into the swing of things is a little hard and it's made that much harder by the fact that very soon, my normal routine will be anything but normal. In 10 days I will leave for Scotland and when I return I will be in full-time travel mode. Back and forth from Joensuu to Helsinki every week. Fortunately the weather will get a little cooler because right now those trains are damn hot. Usually around 80+ for 5.5 hours with no breaks and no AC.

I'm breaking everything up into little parts, because otherwise the fact that we will be living in Joensuu for another 4 months will increase the burn out factor. I can compare this feeling to that of a high-school senior who has already been accepted into a college and has very little else to do at school and therefore has a difficult time getting or staying motivated - otherwise known as senioritis.

Speaking of high school, if any of you all have hotmail or notice any other ad banners for a website called Classmates.com, keep an eye out for one of the banners that had none other than Julie Denton on it. At least I am 99.9% sure that it is her. Tricia has yet to confirm it, but I am pretty certain about it.

Our plans for Dallas are shaping up right now and it is conceivable that we will arrive in Dallas on the afternoon of Wed. Oct. 12, which is only a few hours before Yom Kippur, and we will stay until Sat. Oct. 22. This is a great deal shorter than I was first envisioning, but then I was accepted into school and I would not like to miss too much. And I will take what I can get when I can get it.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?