Monday, September 26, 2005

10 days ago I mentioned that the train ride to and fro sucks and it still sucks.

I was waiting to write about all of this stuff because on Tuesday we will get our new computer. It should have arrived last week, but there was a problem with the order and so it will arrive tomorrow. It's a Mac Mini. Karoliina and I had been debating between Mac and PC for several years and finally we agreed that we would like our home computer to be a Mac. We think that the computers we will get from future jobs will be PC's and so we decided for a Mac. I have been wanting one for forever, but since the pants I wear in the family are not quite the pants to wear in the family, it wasn't until Karoliina decided that she wants a Mac, that we were able to get a Mac.

Which means I will soon be able to make phone calls using the computer. I cannot wait for this to happen. I think I will just call Jen or Tricia and have them leave their computer and web cam on and I can just watch them all on tv. Being there without being there. Maybe during the TX OU game, if Jen and Mark watch it at home, I can watch along? Could be a stroke of genius.

Everything else is going along quite nicely. K and I are too excited about our trip to Texas, which will be here before we know it and we just made New Year's plans. We will spend New Year's with Scott and Joanna Horwitz in Warsaw of all places. Last year we were with them both in Dallas and this year Warsaw. Tickets were real cheap and we should be living in Helsinki by then and this makes for a wonderful cap to a hard 2005. Hard because living in Joensuu in 2005 has been pretty hard and boring and all sorts of other bad words.

I look forward to writing more on the new Mac and I will be making phone calls shortly after that.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?