Monday, February 27, 2006

I honestly don't know what was the bigger deal yesterday, the Finnish hockey team playing for the gold medal against Sweden, or the fact for about 15 minutes our living room had direct sunlight shine into it. It was the first time that has happened and it could be a sign of things to come. Most importantly, Spring. I even had to turn the blinds so the sun wouldn't shine in my face. I felt kind of bad doing it, but it's only February, give me a couple of more months and I will probably write something to the effect of "I can't stand all this damn sunshine". Well, I hope I get to write something like that.

The game was an event. I got to the sports bar an hour early and it was packed. 2pm on a Sunday for a 3pm game. There was not a seat to be found and so we went to a more out of the way bar and got there in the nick of time too because soon after the game began it was full. And the game was great, except for the first 10 seconds of the third period when Sweden scored and basically won. It's hard to be Finnish. The people all knew that the game was over even though there was still 19.50 left to play. I have a feeling that a lot of grown men were crying yesterday, and then they were probably fighting and then probably sleeping on the street.

Tomorrow I am going to the swimming hall and the sauna. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday are the men's days. It should be an interesting trip. I just hope I am allowed to wear my bathing suit in the pool. Apparently it is a no-no.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?