Thursday, April 13, 2006

A few things to tell and I'll start with the most embarrassing one first. I don't know how, but somehow I hurt my foot. Nothing too terrible, I can walk and run just fine, but something on the ball of my foot has been bothering me lately. I took a couple of Burana, which is the Finnish version of Tylenol or Advil or what have you. And then the Burana ran out and the pain came back at night and so I took one of Karoliina's pain killers. A good night sleep later and I was off to class the next day. The pain was still lingering and so I took another one before the day began. An hour into class I started to feel funny. I was sweating, much more than usual. I was pale and I was getting nauseous.

We had our lunch break and our cafeteria food usually makes me sick anyway, but this time it was the straw that broke my back. I had to leave and so I did. I got on the bus back to town, the ride is like 25 minutes. I tried to keep my eyes focused because it was all getting worse. I was really sweating now and at each stop I was debating whether or not I should just get off the bus in order to avoid throwing up on the bus. Because it was happening, there was no doubt about it. But the question was, could I make it. At the second to last stop I knew it was only a matter of seconds before all hell was going to break loose from my belly. But I decided to press my luck - no whammies. We made it about 10 meters away from the stop when the bus slowed to let some passengers walk by. I was up and at the exit door and when we slowed I said a very bad word out loud. I had bet wrong. I could feel it coming. Finally the doors opened and I rushed out with a mouth full of vomit. I ran away and ducked behind some construction. It was funny because as I was running away and puking everywhere I had the thought, "Good thing that this construction is here." It gave me a little privacy. But that was the last privacy I would have.

I recovered and walked fast towards home. I was breathing deeply and trying to calm my stomach. As I headed near the shopping center I noticed a group of women on the other side of the street. This is only important because when they looked over at me I was looking at them and as soon as we made eye contact I had the most projectile of vomits that I can remember having since college. I never bothered to look back and ran the rest of the way home.

I got home and was totally wasted. I went to bed for 3 hours and woke up still wasted. And the worst part about it all was that throughout the ordeal, my foot hurt the whole time.

Ok there's more to tell, like my trip to J-town and the Passover Seder, but it's late and recalling that story took a lot out of me. Good night.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?