Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Preparations are underway for Vappu, or May Day and for some I think that the space between May and Day disappears and Vappu simply becomes a mayday situation. And now, after this horribly long winter - the longest one in the past 25 years, and at least 3 weeks longer than last year - I see why this is one of the biggest parties of the year. It's damn necessary.

In the past two days all sorts of terraces and patios have sprung up and for the first time in many months I could smell Spring. It was a brief scent that hit me as I walked by what looked to be dead trees. I stopped and went in for a closer look and that's when I saw the little tiny flowers that will bloom gloriously for about 3 months and then go away for another 9. You see! That's what Finland can do to you, the flowers haven't even bloomed and already I am thinking about when they will go away. I think that the trip to Texas - one month and counting - is coming at the exact right moment. Well, now that I think about it, any time is the right time for a trip to Texas. Except maybe July and August.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?