Sunday, June 11, 2006

In the two weeks I was away the summer hit Finland right between the eyes. Last night it stayed bright until 11:30 and it gets bright again at close to 4am. My first day back was pretty easy as my flight sort of simulated a night's sleep. I tried my best to stay awake for as long as I could and finally turned in at 11. I put my eye shades on and fell asleep quickly. I slept pretty well, maybe even too well. I was worried that I would miss seeing off my buddy Juan Jo at 12:30. But when I took a look at my watch and it said 5:30. And this morning the same thing happened to me, only this time the clock said 4:30. I absolutely must get blinds for the windows, otherwise I am going to be completely screwed up sleepwise.

In a few minutes I am going to leave for J-town with the producer of the film that K and I have translated. They are having the first full cast read-through and want me (K can't make it because of her job) to be there to listen to the English version. I am quite excited about it and getting back to Joensuu, especially at this time of year, but I cannot forget to bring them eye shades cause it will be even crazier there than here.

Oh, crazy comparison of the strength of the sun between Texas and Finland. I was in Texas for two weeks, and out in the sun a couple of times, but never got any color or any real semblance of a tan. But yesterday when I was meeting Juan Jo I was out in the sun for an hour and came back with a farmer's tan that any cow-poke would be proud of.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?