Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I've been having a troubling thought lately. K and I are about to go away for about 2 weeks, and I have no idea if our plants are going to make it. Okay, I'm pretty sure that our cactus will be fine, and I think our viney-type of thing will survive too, but I'm not as sure about our other plant, our first plant. I think it has been alone for a few days, maybe a week at the most, but this will be at least 12 days in the - supposedly - sunny summertime. Here's my plan: I'm going to go and get some fertilizer and trim all of the leaves and stems that don't look like they'll survive the next few days anyway. I think I'll get the plant lean and mean, get it to it's fighting weight for the 12 days scuffle it's about to endure. I guess if that's the most troubling thought that I've had lately, then things ain't too bad round here.

Looking towards next week, what we thought would be a summer holiday in Eastern Finland looks as if the only holiday being taken at the time is by the summer itself. Forecast is for cool and wet. Yeah!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?