Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Today I achieved two things above and beyond the call of duty. Firstly, today I killed the last living mosquito in our home. It had plagued us for many nights. More than once Karoliina awoke to a dastardly bite on the forehead, but no one believed her, "Surely a mosquito cannot live in this cooler climate." Even I had my doubts, until I saw the thing with my own eyes. "It Lives!" This also forced me to reflect on the warmth of the house, perhaps a little too warm. This sole survivor was a deceptive one. Always coming out at night and using the shadows of the room to dodge in and out of my sights. A worthy adversary; my compliments. Finally it pressed close enough where I could reach out into the shadows and ensnare it in a fierce and fast fist. Victory was mine. I just watched "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World" and couldn't help myself.

But the second thing I learned tonight was a doozy, and it's what Dustin Hoffman doesn't want you to know. I would even submit that he goes through great legal lengths to keep you in the dark. You, but not me. I know. Karoliina knows. Whoever was watching "Desperate Housewives" tonight in Finland knows. Me tiedämme, Dustin! Dustin Hoffman is currently the pitchman for Kapp Ahl, a Scandinavian clothing company. He runs around in a tuxedo talking to a woman who is not living up to her potential or something like that. And Ben Affleck? He doesn't want you to know that, anywhere not in the States, the Axe: Click commercial stars him and not Nick Lachey!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?