Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What is it about a sale that freaks people out so much? Well, I know what it is, but today I learned something useful. Unless the thing you want is on sale, it ain't a sale, it's a herd of cattle. But what happens to people - or me - in a herd? I freak out. I feel an overwhelming need to get past people, to get what I want before them, even though I know that what I want isn't on sale. "But something else could be," I think to myself, and so I press on looking for something, anything that I thought I could have wanted, but never got. So many people buying and buying, I have to buy something, right? Well maybe. But not then, not this morning.

Onto other things. Last night the light was restored to our house and I couldn't be happier. For one, I am happy to have light again. Two, I am happy that, in order to fix it, the professional had to get some special stuff. In other words, I didn't fail as a handyman and that's always a good thing. It would have been embarrassing to have had this dude in my house for 10 seconds, look at the situation and do something ridiculously obvious, then smile at me and leave. Oh that would have pissed me off, which is why I am happy that it didn't happen. No use getting all worked up over nothing. Except handimanness here in Finland is something that the Finns, especially the older ones, have in droves...Like more in their little finger kind of thing.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?