Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I can't remember the last time I went this long without writing something in this thing. Especially when I've been in town, and almost constantly on the computer. I guess it went on for so long that I just didn't know what to say and so I said nothing. Kind of like an old friend that you know you should call, or write to, but just never get around to doing it. Well, I think I'll fall back on an old excuse, March. March sucks in Finland. I may have mentioned this once or twice before. I mention it because it's true.

However, this March was uniquely sucky. Usually it's the weather. Usually the weather is absolutely awful. One day it snows and then it freezes and the next day it's sunny and warm which melts the snow, or at least makes it dirty, and then it freezes again, ad nauseam. But this March it was warm and sunny. All of the ice and snow melted quickly and never really showed itself again. Ahhh, but March is a devilish month. It lures you in with one trap, but it's merely the bait for another. And what's the other trap you ask? It's nothing. Absolutely nothing. That's what March has up its sleeve, absolutely nothing.

But this is no ordinary nothing. This nothing is total. Only to be broken up by a week in Joensuu making a movie. The last week of the movie, after which comes...nothing. And now, April arrives with its meetings and seminars and party's and job opportunities. Like March never even existed, only as a month to test one's perseverance and it tested mine thoroughly.

And, as rarely happened in March, I'm about to go out with a friend. But now that I've broken the ice, I may be able to conjure up a couple of tales from the past month. Like, for example my nickname among the actors as Howdy Doody and / or RdooDdoo (like R2D2, but like a child would say it). Yeah, I thought Howard the Duck was bad. I wonder if that movie came out in March?





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?